Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It is amazing how God works

I hope anybody that reads this will check out my friend, Erica's blog (it is listed on the right of this screen). I look for updates on it daily because she writes so beautifully about how she is just resting in the Lord right now. I actually e-mailed her a Bible verse yesterday becuase I thought of her when I read it. This was the verse:

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.
~ Psalm 34:18, NLT

She e-mailed me back telling me this was the first verse she read "that day".

God is so beyond any of us...but, He gives us the opportunity to have a personal relationship with Him~that is amazing. I feel confident saying that the ONLY way Erica is getting through this time in her life is because of her faith in the Lord. What an amazing woman she is. Knowing her and knowing about this experience she is going through, makes me appreciate what I have so much more. I am so blessed to have my husband...to see his face...I just can't imagine.

My poor friend. May God give her the comfort she needs.

No comments: