Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Life has gotten in the way...

...of a decent post!!
I love being the mom of a busy toddler! I love saying that~toddler~not baby. I tell you what, my Emma Grace is one amazing toddler. Tantrums and all! She is walking more and more independently these days. It is so funny to walk into a room and see her standing up all by herself and then walk over to me. I love it! I love how she falls and gets right back up again and keeps going (life lesson #572 learned). I love how she is SO interested in everything around her...more than being interested in her mama (although she still prefers a visual of mama wherever we are). She loves to be outside, to swing, to read, to sing, to play, to talk, to learn.....she loves being a toddler...a sweet toddler, and I love watching her~learning from her. She has discovered her free will...she can protest when she doesn't want to do something or is not allowed to do something she wants to do...I love it because that is a part of being human. This is how God made us....and this is why we need Jesus Christ. I pray for Emma every night...for the day she accepts Jesus as her savior. I pray I will be there for that. All I can do now (besides pray) is tell her all about Jesus and start making that firm foundation...and cultivating that soil in her heart. She is my little sheep. Ultimately it is her decision and it will be by the work of the Holy Spirit in her heart....oh my sweet Emma....I pray for that day!

Train a child in the way she should go, and when she is old she will not turn from it.
Proverbs 22:6

I do plan on posting some pictures in my next post....Life pictures! parks, babyshowers, cousins, etc.! What a great life we live!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love your post! I pray for Kyra the same way every night. I can't wait to finally meet you and Emma!