1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter softened
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups uncooked old-fashioned oats
1 pint (2 cups) fresh blueberries*
*if fresh blueberries are unavailable, you can substitute 1 cup of dried blueberries, cherries, cranberries, rasins or cut-up mixed dried fruit.
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a 13x9 baking pan with foil and lightly grease foil.
2. In a small bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed beat together the brown sugar, granulated sugar and butter until fluffy. Beat in oil, eggs and vanilla. With a wooden spoon mix in the flour mixture until blended. Stir in oats and blueberries.
4. Use rubber spatula t ospread the batter evenly in the pan.
5. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Lift by the foil from the pan and cut into 24 cookie bars.