Friday, June 25, 2010

Easton

So last weekend my sister and I decided to pack up the car and head up to Easton, Maryland where my dad lives for a last minute visit. Tim and I had been there several years ago but not since we had Emma. Bryn and I headed out Saturday morning at 5:00 a.m. to make the 6 hour drive. Emma and Noah did beautifully!! This was Emma's first longer-than-2-hours drive and she really impressed me with how content she stayed. (This little girl is not a fan of the car seat for over 30 minutes at a time....). We got to Easton just in time for lunch so Dad and Sandi took us into St. Michaels for lunch. The area where my dad lives is surrounded by water. It is BEAUTIFUL--a photographers dream!! I had tons of fun snapping pictures everywhere we went :) Like I said, we went to St. Michaels for lunch and explored there for a bit. Sunday we headed into Easton to play at an awesome playground, walk around a little and then went to Oxford for lunch. We followed that up with playing in the river on a tiny beach and then heading to the community pool in Easton since it was SO hot!! The kids did SO good the entire time--being in a new place and always on the go. Inbetween all the go, go, go we relaxed at dad's house which was perfect!

The drive home was another story (besides the kids being good!).....what was supposed to be a 6 hour drive turned into an 11 hour drive! There was a fatal accident on 95 south whiched caused the major interstate to be closed! Yes, you read that right.....I95 South was CLOSED on our way home--and tacked 5 hours onto our drive home. My sister brought her computer which was loaded with movies. I believe that was our saving grace for the drive. The kids were content. Thank you Jesus!!!! Seriously.

Here is just a sample of the photos I got and the amazing places we visited. Enjoy!!
At lunch on Saturday


Walking around St. Michaels....

Ice cream break!



Dad's backyard......it was a sanctuary!


Playing in the river.....I love sail boats!




Sweet Noah Chapman

At lunch on Sunday....Oxford, MD
*this restaurant was actually the location where one of the scenes from Failure to Launch was filmed..very cool!



Thank you, Dad and Sandi, for opening your home to us! We had such a good time and loved seeing where you live. We can't wait to do it again!
We love you!

No comments: