Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hello fall...and pumpkin waffles!

Wow--it's October...that's crazy. That means this month Molly will be 6 months old and shortly following that half year birthday, Emma will turn 4 in November.

I love this time of year! The heat is being chased away by the cool air, the evenings are shorter and I have discovered pumpkin waffles by Eggo. Life is good!

Lets see:
~Emma is in full on school mode and enjoying it (although she would tell you otherwise). She LOVES her teacher, Miss Sara, and comes home every day from school with a new song, something she learned, etc. I'm so proud of her! She even got an award from Miss Sara the other day and it was for no tears all day long. She continues to be a sweet, sassy, self-less, caring little girl. She is growing up to be a beautiful young lady inside and out. I can't believe she is standing at 4's doorstep! How in the world is she almost 4?!
~Molly just lights up a room when she is in it. She smiles whenever anybody looks at her--and even "talks". She is all about her hands right now. She will slowly bring them around and together in front of her face and then bring them to her mouth. If something is in the path of her hands, she will grab it and it will go in her mouth. She is a pro at rolling from back to tummy--and once on her tummy she is perfectly content for a long time! She has also started doing the sky-dive move during tummy time. I have a feeling crawling will come sooner rather than later. We are getting in a pretty good daily routine and she is a happier baby because of it. She is still exclusively breastfed. I pump while I'm at work and have a good flow (pun intended) going in that regard. Molly has been showing signs of teething for a long time now--but no teeth yet. She will soak through a shirt if I don't keep her chin wiped and chews on everything. I got her an amber teething necklace a while back and she wears it every day. All I know is she is never fussy (unless she's hungry or over tired) and very content--so--I will say it works.
~I'm enjoying watching the sister bond develop between Emma and Molly. Don't get me wrong--there are times when Emma wants nothing to do with Molly--but, for the most part there is some unconditional love going on there. Emma makes Molly smile like no other.


~I'm addicted to Pinterest.

~Eggo pumpkin waffles (previously mentioned)...do yourself a favor and go to Target and stock up! They are to die for!

~I'm getting the urge to go out and buy some mums for the front porch.

~I love fall....seriously....the leaves, pecan trees, hot coffee, the smell of a space heater, snuggly clothes for my girls!

~I'm participating in a Christmas swap with some mommy friends. This is my first time--but thanks to Pinterest I have a few great ideas! I can't wait to get started!

Well...I guess that is enough rambling for one post.
Happy fall! Enjoy the crisp air, beautiful scenery, pumpkin everything and snuggles from your babies (be that human or fur babies)!

No comments: