Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of Pre-K

Emma had her first day of Pre-K today!  She woke up pretty nervous.  So nervous that she was actually shaking a little.  After a banana and a pep talk, she relaxed.  I remember those feelings of anxiety about school when I was little, so I can really sympathize with her.  The more we talked this morning, the more excited she got. 

This is her third year at the same preschool.  Here is last years post.  

This is her last year in preschool before kindergarten.  Her class this year is no joke.  Miss Susan is her teacher and is committed to getting these kids ready for kindergarten.  Emma is in good hands!  

Here she is ready for Pre-K!


Molly wanted in on the first day of school pictures.
Your time will come my Molly-Moose! 
*side note--after giving Daddy a kiss goodbye, Emma requested to give Molly a kiss too.  It was so sweet.  I hope they smooch each other and not get embarrassed about it for a long time :)


Once we got to school she was actually a little excited about starting her day.  She went right in without skipping a beat--like she owned the place! I kept telling her how she is the oldest kid in her school now--the big kid on campus :)

I dropped her off with a quick hug and a kiss and was out the door.  Daddy picked her up and I was able to talk to her on the phone.  She happily and excitedly reported to me that she "had no tears all day", that she "got a goodie bag full of scissors, pencils and a pencil sharpener from Miss Susan", that "there are new friends in her class", and that "tomorrow she gets to play a game with Miss Susan".  How cute is she?!  To hear my Emma talk excitedly about school makes me so happy! 

Here's to a great school year, Emma Grace! 

No comments: