Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Fearless


We fear being sued, finishing last, going broke, the mole on the back, and the sound of the clock as it ticks us closer to the grave. Every season seems to bring fresh seasons for fear.


And it feels dreadful. Fear sucks the life out of the soul, curls us into an embryonic state, and drains us dry of contentment.


Wouldn't it be great to escape it? What if faith, not fear, was your default reaction to threats?


According to Jesus, this is possible. The one statement He made more than any other was this: "Don't be afraid". In this book, Max Lucado invites you to consider Jesus' invitation to courage.


Fear will always knock on your door. Just don't invite it in for dinner. And for heaven's sake, don't offer it a bed for night.


The promise of Christ and the contention of these pages are simple: we can fear less tomorrow than we do today.

So I ordered this book and got it in the mail today. What you just read is what is on the inside front flap of the book. Since having Emma I have developed this fear which I wrote about here. To say the least I can not wait to read this book!! I will be starting it tonight and am sure it will take me no time to finish.
Let me know if you have read it or are planning to read it! I would love to know how it has helped you.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I haven't read it Em! I hope that it does help you. In whatever way you believe you need help with:) I think I should look into that book myself.

GinSpaghetti said...

read it, loved it! :) i blogged it but don't remember where the post is, i might have a book tag, i don't even remember that! hope you like it!!